Monday, June 27, 2005

That's me in the box. . .

Jeezzzzzzzz this is intense. I'm watching a show on TLC called The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off, about a guy named Johnny Kennedy who suffers from dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa. As the website www.debra.org describes; "Epidermolysis bullosa (EB) is a rare genetic disease characterized by the presence of extremely fragile skin and recurrent blister formation, resulting from minor mechanical friction or trauma. This condition is not contagious." This guy's skin FALLS OFF when he's bumped and he now has terminal skin cancer. He's hilarious though-just picked out his own coffin (kind of morbid in a way, I think) and he told the coffin designer that he wanted it to have the Heinz Beans label on it, to give the people at his funeral something to nudge each other and wonder about. He just asked where he should store it since he's not going to need it "immediately." Okay I think I'm done but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be bawling by the end of this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I saw that show... it was totally Intense!!! He really did have a great attitude about his life though, like most people are that deal with things like that. It puts life in perspective, huh?

1:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home