Monday, November 28, 2005

the first day back

I didn't have high hopes for how the kids would act today after being away from school for a week and I was pleasently surprised how great they were this morning! I praised them and told them how proud I was, yada, yada, yada. And then the afternoon came. . . . .
CHAOS! (Some of) the kids were out of their seats, talking, not following directions. . . arg! Sometimes I wonder if they were just allowed to do anything they wanted for those seven days off with no rules or limitations whatsoever.

Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

By the way-the long weekend was GREAT! I had two Thanksgiving dinners, saw Harry Potter (and sat next to a loud idiot), shopped for Christmas presents, made some Christmas cards, read three books, spent an ENTIRE day in my pajamas, played with the cat and dog, took walks, and talked to my mother on the phone at least 15 times. I can't wait to see her (and my dad) in 20 days! They just told us my brother and his girlfriend won't be able to join us in California, which I am sad about. The good news-my best friend will be joining us for a few days!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

week. almost. over. thank. GOD.

Hope yours is going better than mine!

8:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home