Monday, December 18, 2006

Our Wonderful (insert sarcasm here) Weekend

Number of stiches in my gums above my two top front teeth: 2 or 3, I'm not sure, I was focusing on not crying like a little girl
Shots of novacaine to get procedure and above stiches: 5
Total days we spent at the in-laws who DID have power: 2
Early Christmas celebrations held since we're flying to Alaska on Thursday: 1
Pets in bed with us last night (at our COLD house): 2
Pairs of socks I wore to bed: 2
# of shirts I wore to bed: 2
Other accessories worn: Gloves and a hat
Temperature of the house when we woke up this morning: 40 degrees (In case you're wondering, yes, we could see our breath)
Total hours our house was without power: 83

But here's the good news: WE HAVE ELECTRICITY! I just took the most wonderful shower. And we have a lot to be thankful. Some of my collegues at work were told they might not have electricity until Saturday. That's 8 DAYS without power. So, like I said, lots to be thankful for.

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Why the stitches?

10:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home