Saturday, July 16, 2005

30,000 feet

We’re flying home to Seattle. Didn’t I just leave “home”? I don’t really know which place to call home. I think both are really.
The trip was great. Not only did we get to spend time with family and friends but we also got to go to some pretty amazing places. Here’s a short list of what we did while we were in Alaska.

1. Drove to Fairbanks to visit Craig and Joy
2. Kayaked on Eklutna Lake
3. Visited Hilltop Ski Area, where we were married
4. Helped put on a BBQ for 30+people at my parentals’ house
5. Celebrated four birthdays
6. Found out we are going to be an aunt and an uncle
7. Read lots of books (Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris, The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks, We Are All Fine Here by Mary Guterson , My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult, part of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and How to Be Your Dog’s Best Friend by the Monks of New Skete)
8. Watched a few movies (Hitch, The Stepford Wives, Madagascar)
9. Saw friends we hadn’t seen in over a year and ½
10. Compared blood pressures with my Dad (Don’t ask)
11. Went to Benihana’s for the first time
12. T installed a new screen door for my parents, as well as a new clothes dryer. He also fixed my mom’s AC in her car
13. FREAKED OUT over the way a certain kid has changed since I last saw her (this could be an entirely separate and probably lengthy post)

I’m stopping at 13 because that’s a number I like.

We had a good trip. I’m sad to see it’s over but I’m also excited to:
*Sleep in my own bed tonight
*See my cat
*Look at the condition my yard is in
*Pay bills (I know, it’s sick-but I’m freaking out that they’ll be late, so not really excited as much as needing to do it)
*Read more about getting a puppy
*Gush with my pregnant sister-in-law over the fact she’s pregnant
*Go to the Billy Corgan concert on Monday
*Drive to Oregon on Friday
*Attend a wedding on Saturday

We’re descending. Gotta jet. Ha ha ha. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home