Friday, July 08, 2005

Road Trip!

T and I are leaving at an un-godly (should godly be capitalized? Oh well) hour to drive from Anchortown to visit friends in Fairbanks. The rumors we've been hearing is the trip will be 358 miles and take approximately 7 hours. 7 HOURS?
T's best childhood friend now lives in Fairbanks and is building a house with his super cool wife so we're going up there to check it out. I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to post when I get back-hopefully some of Denali along the way-let's hope the clouds don't get in the way of the view. I'm not really looking forward to the SEVEN HOUR drive. . . T and my bro are fixing the air conditioning in the car as I type. I know, air conditioning in Alaska sounds crazy, right? Well it has been "hot" here, up to 78 degrees which is AWESOME in my book. I'm enjoying it-even sunburned my shoulders yesterday while I was reading in the backyard. Oops. Guess I should have put on the sunscreen earlier.
Yesterday was great-we got to see a few friends we haven't visited with for a year and a half. Both families we visited with have children-it's amazing how fast the kiddos have grown up. The two little ones I use to nanny for are now 8 years old (Happy Birthday B!) and almost 12! They seem so drastically different since I haven't been around for so long. Sigh. I feel old.
Stil thinking about dogs. . .T and I just got home from the bookstore down the road, and what were we doing? Looking through dog books! I'm getting very excited-it's something to look forward to when we get home in a week.
I'll post again when we get back into town, sometime Monday I think. I better go pack and get my butt to bed. There have been talks about leaving as early as 6:00am. Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home