Monday, September 26, 2005

Just Another Manic Monday

The weekend was completely uneventful and I loved it! I slept for most of Saturday as I was recovering from being sick and on Sunday we had the mom-and-dad-and-brother-and-pregnant-sister-in-law over for homemade pizza. They brought the ultrasound picture (so cute-he was sucking his thumb!) and we took the dogs to the dog park. Poor Rex-he thinks he's a big dog (he's not-only about 30 pounds and very much a puppy at 8 months old) and he always tries to play with the big dogs, like Huskies. They hate his puppiness and growl at him while he tries to make out. What can I say? He's a lover.

I taught another half day today and you wouldn't believe the awesome mood I am in right now! I think it helps it was the morning and the kids were half asleep since it is Monday. I swear no one puts their kids to bed on Sunday nights before midnight. . . they are zombies! I finally imatated them, laying on my overhead projector like they do on their desktops and they laughted and sat up straight. For five minutes. All in all it was a good morning with only 2 kids getting to the "consequence" level of the traffic light behavior management system in the classroom. and had to stay in for a few minutes at recess to talk about changes they needed to make in their behavior. I had a dentist appointment this afternoon and got a filling in 10 minutes-the shortest filling I've ever had-with one nice big shot of Novacaine. I told the dentist I was nervous since I hadn't had a filling in two years and he was super reassuring that everything would be fine. And of course I got a milkshake after, it's tradition. Okay, I was in Seattle too so I went shopping downtown! I bought some brown Danskos (super cute!) and a few cute tops at Gap.

On the way to the dentist I saw the weirdest thing ever. A man on a motorcycle traveling in the opposite direction somehow swerved and FLEW off his bike onto the road! He went "thunk" when he hit the pavement. EWWWWWWWWWW! He was going about 40 mph and STOOD UP after he crashed! I think if he hadn't been wearing his helmet, well, it wouldn't have ended so good. He was pretty beat up but he said he was okay. Someone else said he should go to the hospital and when I left they were going to call 911. So scary! I am just glad he is okay. Just puts things into perspective, you know? I'm over here whining about getting a filling and this guy's life just flashed before his eyes!

Right now the Husband is on the phone with Comcast (I'm sure they've red-flagged our account by now with the amount of times he's called and complained) telling them they are retarded because the amount we pay for cable just went up and with high speed internet we're suppose to pay around $80 a month. Um. . .yeah. . . NO. He's telling them he's upset because new customers get all the good deals and the longtime customers pay a ridiculous amount of money for crappy cable channels. They seriously hate us. I think I just heard him cancel our cable service. Goodbye Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends-the best cartoon ever made, goodbye sluty teenagers on Laguna Beach, goobye tough-love bounty hunter Dog, goodbye the same TBS/USA movie that repeats six times on Saturdays, goodbye House Hunters which has always ticked me off because they never tell how much the houses cost, goodbye Ashton and Punked. Ah I lead a sad, sad life.


PS The real reason I'm ticked cable's so expensive? We got it for free in our apartment for a year after we called to cancel it and they never actually cut our channels. Are we bad people? Maybe. But we're poor teachers too and I think we should get cable for free. Okay now I'm just a brat. A lazy, cable-watching brat. Gotta go-I'm sure there's some dumb show I'm missing right now on a channel higher than 13.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I agree, cable should be free. The advertisers pay enough, right? Why should we pay to get advertisements flashed in front of our face?! What the hell do cable companies have to pay for... I also really ahte the "free trial" of all the movie channels that lasts 2 months. It sucks ass to go back to NO movie channels, and then if you forget for even a day, BAM, your payin for it.

Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend though!

8:09 AM

 
Blogger Sarah Meitner said...

OK, so my crazy free cable story: Hubs and I decided to quit cable upon moving into a new place, only to find when we moved in that it was never disconnected. Sweet. Free cable. Then, for no reason months later, the cable co. wised up and cut us off. We just left it, and went without. THEN, like 3 months after that, I happened to be playing with the wires to figure out the DVD and, OMG, free cable AGAIN. It was right around Easter--and Easter Miracle, I figured. Anyway, the new tenants are probably still free-loading.

I've decided that the cable cos. deserve it. It's totally not stealing if it's their screw-up.

11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home