Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Finally


A good day.
Here's hoping there are more in the future.

I started a cardio yoga class last night-kicked my butt royally-which wouldn't be that bad but when we went for our nightly walk with Rex we ran into another teacher from the Husband's middle school. He was out walking with his wife and their dog (a border collie/whippet mix-so cute!) so we decided to walk together. We arrived back home two hours and four miles later. . . my legs were screaming in pain last night but I'm not all that sore today surprisingly enough. We walked all the way from our house down to the marina where the dogs munched on shells. Gross.

I'm just so happy I had a good day! I feel like my life was substantiually different today. I am just praying it is not a rare occurance.

Latest number (what's the obsession with numbers? I'm not sure):
26: The # of kids I started school with today
27: The # of kids I ended school with today
436: The # of times I was asked, "Can I go to the bathroom?" today
4: The # of times students asked me if they could go to the nurse today
7: The # of emails I got today about ONE meeting. . . necessary? Not really
30: The # of copies I make of EVERY paper because someone ALWAYS loses one or can't find it in their desk
1: The # of times our copier shut down in the middle of a my copy job
23: The # of minutes I had to eat lunch today
5: The # of different bus lines I have in my room
2: The # of sets of cousins in my room
1: The # of lunch boxes lost today
1: The # of kids that recieved a warning slip today
4 or 5: The # of moments I thought I actually got through to one of my "tough" kids today

*I was reading "What Teacher's Can't Do" (a cute picture book about how teacher's "can't" to so many things, like add 2 and 2, or spell CAT, since they always have to ask the students) to my class today and we got to the second to last page that said, "No one can figure out why there are so many things teachers can't do. Maybe it's because they are so busy doing the one thing they do the best. . ." (Of course it said, "Teach you" on the last page) The kids started to guess what the last page would say and my favorite response was, "Get papers." ??? What? I "get papers?" What an exciting life I lead.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home