Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I wish I was joking

Today I said:

"Take it out of your mouth."
"We don't hit our classmates."
"Do you guys know you shouldn't use your barbeque inside to stay warm when the electricity is out?"
"Yes, Rudolph does have a shiny nose."
"Take it out of your mouth."
"Using the scissors in that way will cause you to loose them. For a long, long time."
"Did you just go outside the school building without permission? You need to fill out a problem-solving sheet. Again."
"Is it Winter Break yet?"
"Yes, you have to come to school tomorrow."
"Did you just throw your homework away in the garbage?"
"Do you understand why you shouldn't use the f-word in school?"
"Take it out of your mouth."
"Show me you are in control of your body."
"Chips is not an acceptable lunch."
"Thank you for the beautiful flowers."
"Take it out of your mouth."**
"You guys are great."

**One of my students is moving to India and brought cupcakes to school today as a treat. I passed them out in the cafeteria at lunch and for the three hours afterward, the little snowman decoration from the top of each cupcake (on a plastic stick) appeared in WAY too many kids' mouths.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hi C!!! I hope you had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year as well! I'll be in your neck of the woods! Jarrett is taking me to Vancouver for the New year, and then we are taking a bus down to Seattle to fly back home on Tuesday. Maybe I'll bring some sunshine!!!

Lisa

9:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home