Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Teacher's Stress

I haven't posted in days because things have been crazy here. If I wasn't in meetings in the past week, I was in my classroom unpacking boxes. I only have a few left, mostly full of books. I've been thinking of posting pictures on here when I am all done. I have a huge room but I'm still having a hard time setting everything up. I finally got my class list and I have 25 kiddos so far. Big change over last year's 18! Honestly, six kids make a huge difference in a classroom. Some of my students have the most awesome names! Not sure if I can post them on here though. . .
We went school-clothes shopping today. Yep, even teachers go to Old Navy. The Husband and I both bought a few pairs of pants and some shirts to wear to work. I also bought a pedometer and in the past four hours I've taken 3534 steps! I'm interested in seeing how many I take on a regular work day, which will be WEDNESDAY! We just had the family (the Husband's mother, father, brother, and sister-in-law) over for dinner. It was the BIL and SIL's 11th anniversary yesterday so we celebrated together. I can't believe SIL is almost halfway done (almost 18 weeks) with her pregnancy! She looks so cute and her baby belly is becoming more round.
Tomorrow I am planning to go into school for the day. I need to (not necessarily in this order or all in one day):
*Put up paper and borders on two bulliten boards.
*Finish sorting and organizing the classroom library.
*Clean/organize my desk area.
*Hang up posters and the cursive alphabet.
*Set up the students' desks in pairs and put out nametags.
*Organize materials (markers, crayons, scissors).
*Plan Wednesday/Thursday/Friday's lessons.
*More things I can't remember right now.
Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home