Thursday, September 01, 2005

Puffy Eyes

Yep, I've got em'. Puffy eyes that is. Last night I had a mini-meltdown. I was fine until I called my Mom to get the # for my Dad's hotel in California and she asked if I was okay since I sounded weird. Of course I started crying. She said it was okay and wasn't I thankful for all the times we went down to California to visit my Grandpa and Grandma at Christmas time? I said yes and she told me to call my Dad. I didn't want to call him when I was crying because I didn't even know what to say to him. My Grandpa was 84 and had lung cancer but he still went pretty quickly. He was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday and died a week later. I know all I have to say to my Dad is I am sorry and I'm thinking about him and the rest of his family. That's pretty much what I left on the message I left at the hotel. I just hope he's okay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I am so sorry... I just found out my Grandpa (My mom's dad) is in the hospital. there is a chance he may not make it. I can't imagine what I might say to my mom if/when he passes away. It is not an easy thing to see your parents going through things like that, and have to be the strong one for a change.

You said the right thing. You let him know you care, and you are here for him. thats all you can do...

hang in there!

10:33 AM

 
Blogger m said...

Thinking of you and yours...

12:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home