Saturday, March 11, 2006

Life, or something like it

Let me first preface this post with this tidbit of information: The Husband went in to work this morning, which he NEVER does. I can count the number of times he's worked on a Saturday on one hand. More power to him-he's good at letting it go, metaphorically and literally. I'm not so much. He thinks it has to do with the fact he's a middle school teacher, not elementary like me and I have more work to do. I agree.
My goal was to get a ton of grading done today but what have I done instead you ask? I had terrible muscled spasms in my neck this week so I rewarded myself for surviving with a massage this morning! It was great, in a painful sort of way. I putzed around the house and looked online at tickets to Alaska for this summer. I did some grading. I ate lunch. I talked to my mom on the phone. Actually, I vented to my mom on the phone. I am so thankful we have the same job and she can empathize with me when I'm ridiculously stressed out. And I played with my dog in the backyard. So far, a pretty good day. Why am I so glum then? I think it's because it's overcast and I want it to be warm out because then it would mean it's spring and it would be closer to summer. Hopefully my blueness won't last long. I'm off to grade more papers and watch old episodes of Felicity. I know it was a dumb show but I liked it. I heart Netflix.

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I've been feeling kind of blue myself the last couple of days. Not too sure why, but I would like it to stop now.

7:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home