Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Kids of America

Who says the youth of America are lazy, good-for-nothing, rude, and irresponsible? The Husband rounded up about 10 of his 8th graders and they essentially (okay, they needed some direction from me and I did have to use my teacher voice twice) packed up my entire classroom for me today. We bought them lunch-pizza (which they said thank you for!) and taped, boxed, and piled things for hours. I'm so impressed and I could *almost* see why the Husband likes them. Middle-schoolers that is. Shh, don't tell. I mean, they gave up a Saturday (and we started early-according to them-10:00am) just to help their math teacher. And not even help their math teacher, but help their math teacher's wife with pneumonia!
Thanks kids, you've restored my faith in the youth of our world. Just by putting books in boxes and not cussing (that much) in front of me. You did, however, make me feel very old with the radio station you made me listen to. And no, you cannot tell my students you heard me cuss. I was tired and needed a nap.

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I'm teaching middle school summer school, and they are kind of growing on me. But sometimes I forget they're not high schoolers and they need a bit more direction and a little less sarcasm. I'm so glad that you don't have to worry about your classroom - kids have a wonderful way of surprising you, don't they? :)

8:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home