Wednesday, June 27, 2007

They used "You're" correctly!

I managed to make it to school long enough (the last 20 minutes!) to hand out report cards and say goodbye to my kiddos. I like to hand out the report cards and shake the hand of each kid and say, "Congratulations, you're a 4th grader now!" Here's how it went down today:

I walked into my classroom and was spotted by one student who screamed my name, causing the whole class to jump up and attack me. It's amazing how much physical power 21 third graders can have! (Three were absent and three were suspended-fight yesterday.) After they just about knocked me down they asked how I was feeling (so sweet), ate two cupcakes each, (not something I would usually allow in the classroom but it's the last day of school, give me a break!), finished signing yearbooks, and packed up to get ready to go. But of course I couldn't go without receiving my very LARGE get well card from the entire class (including their signatures and phone numbers. . . I guess so I can call them?!) and individual get well/goodbye cards from each kid. Here are some of the cards that made me laugh out loud (incorrect spelling purposely left that way):

"Get Will Soon!"

"I hope you get better I miss you so sooo soooooo much you're the best teacher ever!!! We don't want you to get worse."

"Roses are red and vilets are blue so that mens. . . I love you! I wish you a good time."

"I miss you. You're the best teacher in the world. Make it shine like you!" (This card had a picture of an apple, but I still don't really understand it!)

"Rose are red vilet's are blue you are the bestest teacher I know."

"I'll miss you so much. I'm your best friend ever!"

"Do u still skateboard? Ha Just kidding. I'm just playing with u because u need to get better come back please. I'm doing better."

"The thoughts of you gone. I'm very fond of you. So sad so sad gone for to long. We all miss you. Come back come back as soon as you can PLEASE! I want you to get well soon. We miss you. All crying over you Hope you are to." (On the back of this card is a picture of a crown and the words, "Another card from Halmark goldcrowns.")

"I miss you a lot I really want you to get well soon so you can come brand new next year."

Me too. Me too.

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Sheesh, I'm happy when my high schoolers use "you're" correctly. You must be one heck of a teacher!

10:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home