Saturday, July 28, 2007

Wild rice and tips on how to save during the holidays

It feels like our summer has been busier than the school year was. We've been so busy that I almost didn't know what to do with myself today when I had a day with no plans. I was inspired to clean, which doesn't happen often, so I took advantage of the mood! I organized some files, cleaned my desk, did some laundry, and went through 21 Real Simple magazines and tore out the articles/recipes and filed them away for future use. Seriously, I actually did that. Can you believe it? Do people really do that? I guess they do. Our drawers that my magazines lived in was overflowing and getting somewhat ridiculous and impossible to open, which inspired the ripping/filling fiasco of the day. Only about 10 more to go through, tomorrow maybe.
We went to Portland for our 4th (crazy!) wedding anniversary a few days ago. It was a delightful trip that makes me smile if I think about it. :-) See, that's me, smiling. Life is grand. Just grand.

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I just went through my magazines (including Real Simple) and clipped out recipes to try out. I need to get a better filing system so that I can find them when I need them - any ideas?

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home