Saturday, February 23, 2008

From the mouths of babes

I told my third grade students this week that I'm pregnant. I played Hangman with them and the clue was, "Mrs. E is going to have a baby!" and they guessed it after about 6 letters!? One of them said, "RIGHT NOW?" and I assured him it wouldn't be until summertime. Other than a few questions, they have little to no interest in it at all. The fourth graders I had last year? A WHOLE different story. They came rushing up to me the next day (apparently word gets out quickly in an elementary school!) and wanted to know if "it was true?" that I was going to have a baby. They were pumped! Always honest, one student told me, "Not to be mean, but your stomach does look weird", commenting on my little bump. Ha!

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

One of my students is due any moment now, and I always talk to her tummy. When another teacher saw me doing this, and raised an eyebrow, I told my student: "Here, S, you can talk to my tummy. Say "Hi cookies!" S almost died, and now we both say hi to each others tummies.

9:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home