Sunday, February 03, 2008

Why does it always have to be compared to fruit?

I taught a total of 3 days last week. You'd imagine I'd have a bunch more energy, I really put my all into those three days, but no, not really. Everyone I've talked to that has been pregnant always says, "It gets better in the second trimester" so I'm just holding onto that. The exhaustion is unreal.
I'm a pretty small person so I'm not sure if that's why I'm getting a belly quickly or what. I'm not fitting into some of my pants so the wonderful husband took me shopping yesterday. There should be a name for this place that I'm in-not fitting into my old clothes yet way too small for maternity clothes. It's annoying to say the least. The one good thing about fashion right now? Loose tops are in! I was able to find 2 at Target but that's all I found all day.
I'm 11 weeks today and the baby is the size of a small plum. Last week it was a strawberry. Seriously, what's with the food comparisons? There are these moments where the husband just breaks out into a huge grin, hugs me tight and tells me he is SO excited. I just want to burst with love for him (I know, barf) because I know not every partner is this excited and supportive. I know I'm lucky and I am so thankful every day.
Our nephew's second birthday party is today and we're going to tell the rest of the Husband's family. His parents and other brother/sis-in-law don't know! I'm really excited. Now if I can just manage to not toss my cookies in the middle of the happy birthday song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home