Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Un-Be-Freaking-Lievable


Seriously people, this was the best birthday present there has ever been in the world. I saw Billy. I SAW Billy and HEARD Billy, and. . .well. . . I can't give it all away in the first sentence!! Front row baby-up against the baracades is all I have to say. Okay, not ALL I have to say. I'm talking in the security guards' faces. Not only did I stand for five hours last night but we walked a mile back to our hotel at 11:30pm since the monorail was closed (oops guess the round-trip tickets were a stupid idea) after the concert. We had to be in the city (Seattle) this morning for dentist appointments so we just figured we'd spend the night after the concert. I'm glad we did because getting up at 7:00am this morning was extremely difficult and we wouldn't had to get up even earlier had we driven all the way home last night and back in this morning. WHY AM I TALKING ABOUT THE DENTIST WHEN I SHOULD BE DISCUSSING MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE, LIKE BILLY?
Our kick a$$ evening started with dinner at a cute little Italian place downtown in the Pioneer Square-ish area. We met up with the older bro and (pregnant) sis which was good fun. She said she's worried that it's (pregnancy/baby) all she talks about but I told her I didn't care-I'm so freaking excited for them! They are going to be great parents for so many reasons. They have such a strong solid marriage that inspires the Husband and I. Their 11th anniversary is in September and I think for them, it made sense they waited this long (not that there's anything wrong with that) to have kids. Did I mention I'm excited? Now we just have to keep them in Washington.
So back to last night. BILLY BILLY BILLY We went out to dinner and then walked down to The Moore Theatre. This was around 6:30pm (the show started at 8:00pm) and the line was around the block. Around two blocks actually. We stood next to the NASTIEST smelling parking lot (how many people pee in there every day?) for about an hour, being entertained by the other people in line. I thought I was a pretty hard-core Billy Corgan fan but these people had tatoos to show their loalty. The Husband said, "When you get a tatoo, that's when I'll know you're serious about this." Joking of course.
Around 7:30pm they let us inside the theater (beautiful place) and we made it to the second row up, on the left side. Perfect if you ask me. The girls in the front row (I call everyone girls, they were in their 20's) started talking and we found out they have been following the tour since San Diego which means they've now seen six of his concerts in a matter of a week or so. Crazy! One of the girls walked into the concert with her camera in the crotch of her jeans since she wasn't sure if they were allowed-nice way to introdue one's self, don't you think? The group of girls were on "the list" to get into the concert and seemed to know the guitarist of one of the opening bands, Doris Henson, from Kansas City. The first opening band was British, called Crimea. I forgot to mention-we were just sitting there, minding our own business when we heard a very loud noise. What was it you ask? The entire front row (about 20 people) POUNDING their way up to the baracades in front of the stage. Apparently the head security guy "casually motioned" it was okay to come forward and people just mobbed. Luckily we saw what happened quick enough and got a spot up front as well.

The opening bands played and Billy didn't come on until 9:45 or so, which the groupies next to us said "is usual." I decided that's what I'll call those girls-groupies. We also met two girls from Alaska (AK Pride baby) which was really fun. They hadn't brought their cameras so I'm going to email some pictures to them today. It was really awesome to experience the show with someone who admires Billy as much as I do. Everytime I turned to Alaska Girl to say, "He is so hot when he smiles!" she was turning to say the same thing to me! Granted, I know many people do not understand my love for Billy but I don't really care. Get over it.
He played about ten songs and came back for an encore when we cheered and stomped so loudly that the floors were shaking. Then (THIS IS THE BEST PART-DON'T SKIP IT!) he spoke to me (okay, to the audience, but it really felt like we were having an intimate conversation) about how he thought he sucked tonight (we assured him he did not infact suck but instead ROCKED) and about how this might be the last time we see him. . .untill he's with The Pumpkins! The crowd went wild with that one-the screaming lasted a few minutes at least. He is just so genuine and I know a lot of people probably think how could I know that? Well I just do, damnit.

Okay, I'm getting the the BEST BEST part. So after his speech to the crowd about how much he loves and appreciated me (errrr.....us I mean) he WALKED OFF THE STAGE ONTO SOME LARGE SPEAKERS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US AND SHOOK HANDS WITH PEOPLE IN THE FRONT ROW-------------------INCLUDING ME! Needless to say, I just about passed out from pure love and adoration. I was violently shaking and yes, tears did in fact well up in my eyes. It was one of the best experiences in my life.

3 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Yay for seeing your favorite artists in concert!

As for your question, I'm not student teaching until next fall, although this fall I will be doing a practicum in a high school. I'm only in my first semester of getting my teaching licence.

7:38 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

WOW! That is an awesome experience. Cool pictures!!!

8:57 PM

 
Blogger e said...

You are so sweet! The truth is I'm honest to a fault - sometimes people don't like to hear the truth. I grew up in Portland/Beaverton area. I know exactly where Forest Grove is. That's why I like rainy beaches. :)

7:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home