Saturday, March 01, 2008

Thankful

Worst thing to hear from your best friend from Arizona on the phone: "I was in a car accident. I just got back from 2 days in the hospital."
Best thing ever to hear from your best friend from Arizona on the phone: "I'm okay."

She was driving on the freeway on Tuesday and wasn't able to stop in time for an accident ahead of her. Luckily, the people she hit weren't injured but she had to be rushed by ambulance to the hospital because she couldn't move her legs. After multiple x-rays, MRIs, Cat-Scans and two days of being unable to move her feet, she just recovered. Completely. If that's not a miracle I'm not sure what is. I know it was probably just the shock of it all and she wasn't actually paralyzed and she says she didn't call because she didn't want me to worry since I'm pregnant. Ha! That little stinker. I only wish I didn't live 1,000 miles away and I could head over to her place with movies and dinner. And a hug.

Go hug someone you love. I'm going to as soon as The Husband returns from his conference he's been at for the last 3 days.

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I almost got into at least 4 different accidents (weather-related) today as I was driving home from my mom's house, and I thought about this post, and realized how lucky I am (and how lucky your friend is). I hope that she feels better soon!

8:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home