Tuesday, May 13, 2008

25 weeks


We had our latest check-up with the midwives today. The midwife we saw was the most soft-spoken woman I've ever encountered in my life. I had to lean forward to hear what she was saying. Want to guess my favorite part of the appointment? Okay, multiple choice people. Choose the best answer:

My favorite part of the appointment today was:

a) Hearing the baby's heartbeat on the doppler

b) Hearing the baby kicking on the doppler

c) Hearing the baby's hiccups on the doppler

d) Being asked yet again if we've made a decision regarding circumcision (*if* we're having a boy)

e) Hearing my blood pressure is "great"

f) Drinking the sugar drink for the glucose screening test

g) Being asked by the midwife, "How do you feel about your weight?"

Ha ha ha if you guessed g) then you are right! I think I responded with something like, "Ummmmm well I guess gaining 5 pounds this month instead of 7 like last month is good, right?"

PS The field trip went well despite the chaperone that didn't show up! Luckily the special ed teacher next door saved my butt and came with us!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh wow, I didn't know you were going to a midwife! Cool! Is there a birthing center, or do they do hospital births? I wouldn't want to find out what the baby's sex is either. I like surprises! I think the ultimate birth experience would be to have a home birth, but I probably wont get that lucky. Thanks for the update! You look amazing!

6:56 AM

 
Blogger e said...

You look radiant!

7:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home