Monday, May 19, 2008

Long afternoon. . .

I was rear-ended today while I was out doing errands after work. I'm okay, the baby's okay (kicking away in there) and the car is fine. I was pretty shaken up, crying and shaking but I called my midwife and after telling her about it, she wasn't too worried. She said she was more than happy to see me (in the Birth Center at the hospital since the midwives office was already closed by that time) and they would keep me there for 4 hours for monitoring but then she said, "To be honest, we are totally full. Every room is occupied. You're welcome to come and I will see what I can do but you might be waiting for a few hours." She said she would still understand if I wanted to come in or I could go home and rest and if anything starting hurting/etc. then I could come in. She said since the accident was minor and I didn't have any pain, bleeding, or contractions, she thought I was okay. They have to recommend pregnant women come in though for observation. The Husband and I decided I should just go home and try resting and eating dinner. Of course now I feel better and the baby has been moving around. Now if I could just stop googling "rear end car accident pregnancy." Never a good idea!
I can't express the complete and total terror I felt as soon as I felt the impact of the other car. I've been rear-ended before in college but this time I was in no way worried about me, just the little one growing inside of me! I'm so glad everything seems to be perfectly fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Stop googling! I'm glad that you're fine, and I can only imagine how scary that was for you. But your body is built to cushion the little one from minor bumps and jolts (which it seems this one was). But you did the right thing in going to the doctor. I'm just happy everyone is okay!

4:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home