Thursday, August 14, 2008

"How are you feeling?"

People mean well, and I'm told I should soak up all the attention I can get while I'm still pregnant because after the baby arrives, the question immediately changes to, "How is the baby?"

So when people ask me how I'm feeling, most of the time I answer, "good" "great" or "hanging in there" but in my head I'm thinking, "Sleep deprived" "huge" or "extremely anxious about becoming someone's mother in the near future."

The other night I was getting ready for bed and I looked in the mirror at my big belly and it just hit me. I mean, I know I'm pregnant. That much is obvious. It hit me though: I'm growing a human being. Inside of me. That's INSANE and crazy and unbelievable to me. This is one crazy journey. The most exciting part is yet to come!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Meitner said...

Sending you lots of happy labor thoughts for a smooth (and easy!) delivery and a healthy little one. Best of luck...and congrats!

9:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home