Monday, July 21, 2008

Yikes! 5 weeks!

That's right folks. Only 5 weeks until the estimated due date of Baby E! Here's the latest picture-taken at my shower last weekend.



We're working on getting the baby's room ready but we're also making the whole house a mess by switching every possible room around. What use to be the office is now the guest room, the old guest room is our room, and our old bedroom is the baby's room! All three of the rooms have been repainted (thanks Husband), had trim replaced, painted, and put up (thanks Husband) and two of the rooms even received crown-molding-like-trim (thanks Husband and Brother-in-law!). The crib is put together and we have some awesome wall decals we'll be hanging for the little one called, "Happy Creatures" from whatisblik.com.

We've finished our birth preparation classes and toured the birth center in our hospital. I'll start weekly appointments on Tuesday with my midwives until the kiddo decides he or she is ready to come. Hopefully the baby stays put for another 2 weeks or so-37 weeks is considered full term and I'm only about 35 weeks along. I could complain about not sleeping (getting up to pee every 1 1/2 to 2 hours is training me for nighttime feedings, right?) or the intense rib pain I get from my karate kid shoving his/her butt up there, but I won't. I'll think about how much I love to feel the baby move. How funny baby hiccups are to feel inside of your body when they don't belong to you. How amazed I am that the Husband and I are going to be PARENTS. To a human being. Amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

YAY!!! It won't be long now. You look great! I heard that towards the end of the pregnancy, the baby doesn't move around as much because it gets more and more cramped. My friend said this to another pregnant one, and that the last few weeks was the only time in the 3rd trimester that she got any sleep - because the baby couldn't move enough to keep her up! Good luck!

8:12 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home