Wednesday, August 20, 2008

They say it's a virtue

I'd heard these last few days/weeks are the hardest. They are. I'm trying to remember every single Braxton-Hicks contraction brings me that much closer to meeting our little one. I'm enjoying every single movement I feel, a kick, a heel-jab, a butt bump. I'm loving The Husband's conversations that he has constantly with my giant baby belly. I'm calling my mom every day to give her an update-or rather, a non-update. I've checked with my Human Resources department and I will go to the first meetings of the school year on Monday if I haven't had the baby. I'm torn-it will be nice to have something to do instead of thinking every five seconds-"When will this baby come?" but at the same time, I'll be meeting my new staff for the first time and there's not much more embarrassing than meeting new people for the first time and having your water break, you think? Had I mentioned I got a new job? Oops if I haven't. . .
This baby will come when he/she is good and ready. I have to keep remembering that. I'm just so damn excited to meet my child, it's hard to be patient.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I can't even imagine what it must be like. I have to refrain from emailing or calling Maja every day to get a non-update, just so I don't get annoying. Remember first time moms usually go 8 days over their actual due date. He will come when he is ready. Oh, btw, did I mention I think it is a boy? :P

Details about the new job please!!! I'm glad you have something to distract you. Here's hoping for a smooth labor and delivery - and enjoy every moment you have sharing your body with your child.

7:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home