Saturday, July 23, 2005

Orey-Gone

I swear some people actually pronounce Oregon like that. "Orey-gone." We made it here last night, pulled into town around 8:00pm-ish. We're staying at McMenamins Grand Lodge in Forest Grove, Oregon. It's so nice here, very cute rooms and lots of delicious food to eat. Positives of the Lodge: The cool artwork everywhere in the building, the big white robes, the amazing food. Negatives of the Lodge: Lots of bars=lots of drunk loud people at night and the silly people playing Disc Golf (quote from the hotel's website: "DISC GOLF AT THE GRAND LODGE 10-holes of fun for pros and families alike." These people are carrying bags with "Disc Golf" embroidered on them. What's inside the bags you ask? FRISBEES BECAUSE THAT'S ALL DISC GOLF IS. PLAYING FRISBEE. Now if you know me, you know I refuse to play frisbee because 1. Dogs enjoy it. 2. You look stupid playing it. 3. I hate having to run and catch things. Yes, I know I am lazy. The rant is over.

This is the Soaking Pool we enjoyed last night. Sarah worried that it was too hot for her growing bean but I think it was fine because we weren't in for long. There was a snafu-fun word-when we first got here. The front desk informed us we only had a room for one night, not the two we had reserved over the phone. Apparently there was some mix-up with their computers. But faithful readers-do not worry! It all got fixed today (guess there was a cancellation) so we are staying put. The even better news is Doug and Sarah got moved upstairs OUT of the basement so the speaker that was blaring Opera music just outside their door at 7:00am this morning will no longer be a nuisance.
The wedding is tonight at 7:00 and I'm looking forward to it. I'll try to take pictures. The Husband keeps asking me if I'm going to continue to keep this blog *secret*. I just don't know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hey I hope you had a good time at the wedding!!!

12:11 PM

 
Blogger e said...

My biggest absolute pet peeve ever is the mispronounciation of the state that I called home for 15 years, Oregon.

Absolutely rigoddamndiculous!

1:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home