Tuesday, July 26, 2005

BFF


I just got off the phone with my best friend and I am wishing we lived less than four states away from each other. She's so sweet-she called to wish us a Happy Anniversary. She's been living in Arizona for about three years now and she's doing great. She's the sweetest person in the entire world (no, I'm not just saying that because she's my best friend). She was actually voted "Nicest" girl in our senior class-I'm not joking. People thought it was weird we were best friends in high school because she was "so nice" and I was known for being sarcastic and somewhat negative. I just thought we balanced each other out nicely. I like to think she has helped me become more compassionate and I have helped her be more assertive.
We haven't seen each other in over a year now which makes me sad. We talk on the phone quite a bit and we're trying to set up a trip for her to come out to Washington to visit. I really hope she can come visit and finally see our new house and (hopefully) our dog if we have one by then. I'd love a girls' weekend, watching chick flicks, giggling, shopping, eating, and talking like only best girl friends do.

2 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I know how you feel. These days I especially miss Krystal - it's not that I necessarily love her or miss her more than my other friends, but we're kind of going through the same phases of life. We quit smoking at the same time, we both agonize over finding "the one" and starting families, and we both seem to be very stable in regards to a lot of our friends. And to be honest, I don't have a lot of friends here in Denver. I just don't. LittleRazz and I were talking about how it just seems so much harder to make friends, to find people you truly want in your life. I mean, life in general is difficult enough without trying to weed out who you want to allow access to your life.

In any event, I know how you feel.

9:48 PM

 
Blogger the jane journal said...

Great friends can make a world of difference! That may sound cliche but has been really true in my life. And are always important no matter what is going on in life.

10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home